Post Doctorate Research Associate
High Performance Computing Group
Pacific Northwest National Lab
Email: ajay.panyala (at) pnnl.gov
- Compiler optimizations and programming models for High Performance and Parallel Computing. Automatic parallelization, out-of-core algorithms, loop transformations, data layout, power/energy optimizations for modern HPC architectures.
- 2007 - 2014
Ph.D. Computer Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA.
Advisors: Dr. Gerald Baumgartner, Dr. J. Ramanujam.
- 2003 - 2007
B.Tech. Computer Science, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
- Oct'14 - present
- Post Doctorate Research Associate, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
- Jan'12 - May'12
- Research Intern, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
- May'11 - Aug'11
- Research Intern, Oakridge National Laboratory.
- Jan'08 - Aug'14
- Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science, Louisiana State University.
- Daniel Chavarría-Miranda, Ajay Panyala, Wenjing Ma, Adrian Prantl, Sriram Krishnamoorthy. Global Transformations for Legacy Parallel Applications via Structural Analysis and Rewriting. Journal of Parallel Computing vol:43, pp:1-26, March 2015.
Daniel Chavarría-Miranda, Ajay Panyala, Mahantesh Halappanavar, Joseph B. Manzano, Antonino Tumeo. Optimizing Irregular Applications for Energy and Performance on the Tilera Many-core Architecture. Proceedings of the 12th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers, May 2015.
Ajay Panyala, Daniel Chavarría-Miranda, Sriram Krishnamoorthy. On the use of term rewriting for performance optimization of legacy HPC Applications. International Conference on Parallel Processing, September 2012.
- A Panyala, P. Bhattacharya, G. Baumgartner, J. Ramanujam. Model-Driven Search Based Loop Fusion Optimization for Handwritten Code. Proceedings of the 17th Workshop on Compilers for Parallel Computing, Lyon, France, 3-5 July 2013, 6 pages.
A Panyala, P. Bhattacharya, G. Baumgartner, J. Ramanujam. A Fusion-Based Optimization Framework for a Tensor Contraction Language. 7th International Workshop on Parallel Matrix Algorithms and Applications, 28-30 June 2012, London, UK.
A Panyala, P. Bhattacharya, G. Baumgartner, J. Ramanujam. Optimizing Handwritten Tensor Contraction Code: Our Experience. SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, 18-21 February 2014, Portland, Oregon.
- David E. Bernholdt, Benjamin A. Allan, Robert C. Armstrong, Daniel Chavarria-Miranda, Tamara L. Dahlgren, Wael R. Elwasif, Tom Epperly, Samantha S. Foley, Geoffrey C. Hulette, Sriram Krishnamoorthy, Adrian Prantl, Ajay Panyala, Matthew Sottile. COMPOSE-HPC: A Transformational Approach to Exascale. Technical Report ORNL/TM-2012/85, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 2012.
- 2010 - present
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)