Funds are available to help defray travel costs for student attendees of PACT’19.
Any student attendee of PACT’19.
A complete travel grant application must include the following:
From the student
- A cover letter stating
- The student’s full name, institution, and advisor’s name
- A description of research interests
- Reason(s) for attending PACT
- Estimate of conference-related expenses and sources of funding
- A CV / resume, including IEEE and/or ACM student membership numbers, if applicable
From the student’s advisor
- A statement confirming that the student is a full-time student pursuing an MS/PhD or undergraduate research in an area related to PACT. The confirmation should be sent in a separate email with subject “PACT Student Travel Confirmation for [Last-Name, First-Name]”.
Please use this FORM to submit your application. All materials must be received by the application deadline. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their advisor submits the required confirmation by the deadline.
Deadline: September 09, 2019
To receive travel reimbursement, awardees must submit the following information after the conference:
- A completed travel expense claim form (to be provided), along with all receipts for transportation and accommodation. Note that we must have original receipts, not credit-card transaction receipts.
- A one-page report of your experiences at PACT’19, including a brief discussion of the papers, posters, and presentations that you felt to be most significant.
The final number and amount of the awards will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants and the availability of funds. Consideration will be given to
- Whether the student is a co-author of a paper or poster accepted in the program.
- Whether the student presents a paper or poster at the conference.
- Membership in IEEE / ACM (TCAA / TCPP / SIGARCH)
- Academic standing and research progress.
- Availability of other funding sources to support the student’s travel.
- Hardships faced beyond typical graduate student challenges.